The Gradebook tab will display the various gradebook options including the ability to lock down gradebook options in teacher gradebooks.
- Only Show Check Marks for Assignment Scores to Parents and Students – With this option selected, a check mark will display in place of the students assignment score. Below is an example of Parent Portal Gradebook with the option selected. Check marks display in place of scores.
- Allow Teachers to Import Any Student in their defined Grade Range into their Gradebook – On the Manage Gradebooks screen in Manage Students tab, the Add Students Not in Your Classes button will display with this option selected. The Add Students window will honor the Teachers low and high grade ranges (TCH.LO and TCH.HI). Below is the Manage Students screen with the option selected displaying the Add Students Not in Your Classes button.
- Allow Teachers to Add Students to Gradebook Before Attendance is Initialized – This option will allow teachers to import students before the school year starts into their gradebook.
- # Decimal Places to Display in Assignment Scores – Calculated scores can display up to four decimal places. This option does not apply to manually entered scores. Manually entered scores will display as entered up to four decimal places.
- Hide Trend Graph in Gradebook Summary View from Parents and Students – With this option selected, the Parent/Student Portal will not display the gradebook trend icon or assignment graph to parents or students. They will still be viewable to other users such as teachers, counselors and admin.
Enable Backpack (allows students to upload files) – With this option selected, the student Backpack will appear on the Student Portal Home page. This will allow students to view a list of assignments from the Home page along with any teacher documents attached to the assignments. If the teacher activates the Dropbox for an assignment the student will also be able to upload a single document to that assignment. A file size limit can be entered for the student documents to ensure that students do not upload extremely large files. The default file size per file is 15 MB. Also, certain file types can be restricted from being uploaded, such as .exe and .bat files. A default set of restricted files is provided in the Restricted File Types box. When adding or removing restricted file types the period before the extension and the comma afterward are required. For example, to restrict a WAV file type, enter “.wav,” to the end of the list.
Enable Briefcase (allows teachers to upload files) – With this option selected, the teacher Briefcase will appear on the Teacher Portal Home page. This will allow teachers to display a list of assignments for their gradebooks from the Home page along with any documents they have attached to those assignments. If the teacher activates the Dropbox for an assignment and students have uploaded files, it will also display a count of students that have submitted files for that assignment (at this time students are limited to submitting one file per assignment).A file size limit can be entered for the teacher documents to ensure that teachers do not upload extremely large files. The default file size per file is 15 MB. Also, certain file types can be restricted from being uploaded, such as .exe and .bat files. A default set of restricted files is provided in the Restricted File Types box. When adding or removing restricted file types the period before the extension and the comma afterward are required. For example, to restrict a WAV file type, enter “.wav,” to the end of the list (see above screen shot).
- Allow Teachers to Hide Gradebooks from Parents and Students – With this option selected, an option will display in the Teacher Portal in the Gradebook/Options area as shown below to Hide this gradebook from Parents and Students. If the teacher selects this option for a gradebook, that gradebook will no longer display to the Parent/Student portal
Allow Teachers to add standards that are associated to existing standards and linked to their courses (Secondary Schools Only) – This option will add a Standards screen in the teacher's gradebooks. The Standards screen will allow teachers to add custom teacher standards to existing standards linked to the courses they are teaching. This option is only available to Secondary schools where the Support Standards-Based Grade Reporting Portal Option is turned on and the Standards Based Coursers (SBR) table is populated to link standards to courses.
Require Teachers to use Templates when Creating Gradebooks - This option when enabled will require teachers to create their gradebooks from an existing template instead of being able to create their own manually.
Allow Teachers to Link Sections from Multiple Schools - This option only displays when the Flex Scheduling Feature Flag is enabled. It is also used with Section Staff. When this option is enabled student sections from multiple schools can be added to the gradebook. Sections available to select will be from other schools where the Staff ID is associated either through the TCH.ID or through Section Staff information when the school is set to use Section Staff.