Navigate to Standards Based Grades > Configurations > Standards Based Options > Valid Marks tab
Each grade can utilize different Valid Marks. Marks can also be copied from grade to grade. From the Valid Marks tab click on the Grade radio button at the top. Use the Choose a Mark Type dropdown to select the Mark Type. The mark types previously entered in the Mark Types tab will display. All Valid Marks must be set up for each grade level and Mark Type.
Use the Add New Record button to add a new Valid Mark for the Mark Type.
- Enter the code for the Mark and enter a description of the mark in the Title field.
- The Sort Order is the order that the Valid Marks will print under Explanation of Marks on the report card and it is updated automatically with the next available number when the record is added. If you wish to change the order of the Valid Marks you can do so by changing the Sort Order value.
- Low Percentage/High Percentage enter the default % ranges for teachers when loading point-based gradebook grades into Standards Based Grade Reporting
- Low Rubric/High Rubric enter the default rubric ranges for teachers when loading rubric-based gradebook grades into Standards Based Grade Reporting
- Not Taught flag is used to identify a default mark type used by teachers to indicate if a particular standard was not taught during the term
- Show in Legend flag is used to show or hide a Valid Mark in the Explanation of Marks. When unchecked the mark does not display in the Explanation of Marks area.
Click on the Save icon to save the new Valid Mark.
Different grade levels can have different Valid Marks defined. As an example, grades K through 3 can have 1, 2 and 3, while grades 4 through 6 can have A, B, C and D. Valid Marks can be alpha, numeric or even symbols such as * or @.
If the option Allow plus-minus for mark type # is not selected in the General Options page, then the plus and minus rows will not be configurable for the valid marks.
To Change a Valid Mark, select the Grade and Mark Type for the mark to be changed. Click on the Edit icon next to the Valid Mark that needs to be updated. Highlight the field to be changed and type the new information. Click on the Save icon to save the changes.
NOTE: The Sort Order determines the order that the marks print will change under Explanation of Marks on the report card.
To Delete a Valid Mark, select the Grade and Mark Type for the mark to be deleted. Click on the Edit icon next to the Valid Mark that needs to be removed. Click on the Delete icon. A message will display to verify the deletion. Click on the OK button and the Mark will be deleted.
Update Correspondence Languages for Valid Marks ↑
The Standards Based Report Card can have Valid Marks set up for different languages. Click on the Correspondence Languages checkbox on the bottom of the form. Additional fields will display. To add a different language for a mark, click on the Edit icon to the left of the Mark Type code. Click on the dropdown arrow and the language codes will display.
Select the language code from the dropdown and type the translation for the Valid Mark Title in the selected language to the right of the code. A total of six different languages can be entered for the mark displayed. When all of the translations have been entered click on the Save icon.
Copy Grade to Another Grade ↑
After entering all marks for a particular grade click on the Copy Grade to Another Grade button.
Select the grade to copy to from the dropdown and click on OK.
All marks and translations will be copied to the selected grade and a message will display at the bottom of the page after the copy has completed.