When a student who was enrolled last year but does not attend this year (whether or not the reason is known), the student should be moved to an 'Inactives' campus, which is a placeholder for these types of students. The student and all of the student's records are copied into the Inactives School and then deleted from the current school.
- Ensure that an Inactives school is set up. Typically the school ID is 999.
- On the District Settings page under District Settings, be sure Inactives School field has a three-digit ID specified.
- If not click Change, enter the ID, and click Save.
- From the student's Demographics page at the current school, click the Operations button, and then click Mark Student as a Summer Leaver. The Summer Leaver window opens allowing you to enter the required information.
- Leaver Reason (STU.LVR) - Select the student's Leaver Reason. These values reflect the TEDS Code Table C162-A for LEAVER-REASON-CODE (E1001). If the reason is unknown, select Other.
- Status (STU.TG) - Select the enrollment status to be assigned to the student. Status codes are configured by the district from the Update Code Table page.
- Inactives School - The Inactives school ID is displayed.
- Leave Date (STU.LD) - The final date of the previous school year is displayed by default. This date should be used for all summer leavers.
- Click OK.
The student is moved to the Inactives school and deleted from the current school in the current school year. The actions taken are summarized below:
Demographics page (STU table)
|School||Year||Student Record||Schl Leave Dt (STU.LD)||Leaver Reason (STU.LVR)||Enrollment Status (STU.TG)||End Of Year Status (STU.EOY)|
|Current||Current||Does not exist||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Current||Prior||Exists||Blank||Blank||Active||Value entered for STU.LVR|
|Inactives||Current||Exists*||Value entered||Value entered||Value entered||Blank|
|Inactives||Prior||Does not exist||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Enrollment History page (ENR table)
|School||Year||Student Record||Leave Date (ENR.LD)||Exit Reason (ENR.ER)|
|Current||Current||Does not exist||N/A||N/A|
|Current||Prior||Exists||Value entered||Value entered|
|Inactives||Current||Exists*||Value entered||Value entered|
|Inactives||Prior||Does not exist||N/A||N/A|
* Be sure the option to Include Inactive Students is selected when searching for a student at the Inactives school.
No Show Students
No Shows are students who were enrolled in the district last year, but whose current year whereabouts are not known. The district should investigate all No Shows to determine a valid LEAVER-REASON-CODE before the end of the School Start Window (SSW).
If a student's leaver reason cannot be determined, use the Summer Leaver feature to mark the student as a No Show.
- Leaver Reason - Select Other.
- Status - Select No Show.
Note: The No Show Manager allows you to mark multiple students as No Shows at once.